2019 Story of Spirits?

The grandfather clock starts to tick each second as it passes along.

It never stops, as you sit, watching it move from second to second.
Tick.
Tock.
Tick.
Tock.
It chimes at 12.
You see a faded ghost, makes its way in front of you.
Turns and lifts its hand and pushes you to the ground.
Like a fool.
You fall.
Blackout.
Let’s raise a glass to those who’ve made it out of their depression.
Let’s raise a glass to those who still fight it every day.
Let’s raise a glass to those who lost their fight and now lie in peace, and to them give a moment of silence.

Tick.
Tock.
Tick.
Tock.
The clock chimes at 1
A Pandora’s heart learning and living underneath a crossed grave lost through time as a Loss Cross.

Tick.
Tock.
Tick.
Tock.
The clock chimes at 2

Let it be known to be forgotten. Let it be known as the jester who lost their heart, their own mind and almost their lives.
Can you see the jester who was left behind? In the dust, almost to never be seen again. Like a ghost. Floating around, with the ability to hide in the open air.
Can you see through them?

Tick.
Tock.
Tick.
Tock.
The clock chimes at 3.
The stars are so bright as they shine through the night sky. No one knows if it can stand on the ground. Dark as a killer covered in red and black glory. Blue stars and the galaxy overlooking our light and dark as a peaceful night. It decides to never end.
Just like a Stargazer.

Tick.
Tock.
Tick.
Tock.
The clock chimes at 4.

However, a jester can lie to a point as they want to tell a story. One to share the past and the future of fun. A little dark and mysterious as the gender of the jester never seem to find a fit. They want to speak in riddles just like and elusive spirit. To learn their ways, and part as a stronger fit into the world it can never escape from.
As a goal to make the best of their stories and ideas.

You fade back into vision. The ghost is sitting across from you. They are holding a tape recorder, hovering over a small play button. Outspread were tapes labelled with numbers. Inside was the tape labelled #3.
Tick.
Tick.
Tick.
Cluck.
Pause.
Click.

The jester know how foolish they can by. As though they can hide they will never escape their fate as a mindless doll waiting to escape. They hang, animated in slow motion on the side of a building. Through the rain, with one hand holding on to a key stabbed into a building. Winds rush around the jester as a fool.
They are the fool who allows them to be alive with others. They hold a mask, hiding their emotions with the flick of the wrist letting others see through them as a ghost. The acts and performances live on the street with them. When they leave the streets they become themselves again who are they? No one will ever know. They are the alone ghost who anyone can see through. Lost without their circus, they perform a solo hoping to find another circus.
Click.

Hey!
You there.
Yeah, you.
What in the world are you doing there?
Watching the ghost play tapes?
Man are you crazy or what.
You’ve been watching that clock for hours now.

Me?
Oh.
I’ve been trying to get your attention for a while now.
What do you mean you don’t know me?

It’s me.

10 Comments

1. Dear melody,

wow yes yes! I love how convoluted and dark/twisted this poem is. The way you ended it was just perfect. The emotions and weird characters and ughhh it was just so perfectly dark and wonderful. No improvements necessary, just keep being weird and dark

Sincerely, Savannah

Reply

1. To Savannah,
      I thank you for your comment on my about me and I am Glad you love it.
      Thank you for reading my blog.

-Melody

Reply

2. Dear Melody,

What an unique approach to an All About Me! I loved the colors you used and the format of your writing. About halfway through reading I realized that you were using the character of the joker to symbolize yourself. I found it incredibly interesting to hear your poetic voice shine through and take shape in this piece.

In terms of improvement, I would suggest to integrate more flow into your writing by checking over GUMPS, and adding in more transitional phrases when you shift from ideas Also, can you describe the purpose of the clock within your piece? I loved the onomatopoeia of the ticking and I’m just curious if it has deeper meaning.

Sincerely,

Liza

Reply

1. To Liza,
      Thank you for your comment and I will fix up those mistakes in the about me.
      The reason behind the clock was to make mentions to time passing and how everything ages with it.
      Thank you for reading my blog.

-Melody

Reply

3. Dear Melody,

This is once again another wonderfully enigmatic and dark piece. Your use of the colors is a really unique touch, as not many people do make use of them. The concept of the ticking clock and the jester were very intriguing to read about and added to a kind of narrative/story despite this also being an about me at the same time. You have a very soft poetic quality to your writing which is both unnerving and calming.

An area of improvement would be checking for GUMPS as some of the sentences sound a little off/confusing and adding more distinction between the topics so not everything blends together as it might confuse readers.

I look forward to more of your poetic and dark writing.

Sincerely,
    Reegan

Reply

1. To Reegan,
      I thank you for your comment and I will fix those mistakes in due time. I am also very glad you like this piece.
      Thank you for reading my blog.

-Melody

Reply

4. Dear Melody,

I really enjoyed reading your About Me. I feel like the reason it was such an amazing read is because of the uniqueness of your writing. I loved how you wrote your About Me in third person and I also really loved figuring out the hidden messages like how you have portrayed yourself as a joker. Your voice definitely shone through this piece and I really hope to read more of your work.

In terms of any suggestions, looking over your piece to make sure that spelling is correct and punctuation is accurate would help.

Other than that, I really loved your piece. Overall it was extremely eye opening and inspiring. Good job!

– Maira

Reply

1. To Maira,
      Thank you for your comment and I will correct those mistakes.
      Thank you for reading my blog.

-Melody

Reply

5. Dear Melody,

I knew you love to explore darker topics, but reading this piece has shown me a different side of you. I wouldn’t complain at all though because these pieces intrigue and grapple my interest when it comes to exploring the other side. The text colours and subtitles are very fitting towards your blog and the piece.

However, I did notice some punctuation and grammatical errors that do need some fixing.

Overall, keep working on these pieces please as I would love to learn the spooky side of you.

– Zainab.K 👻

Reply

1. To Zainab.K
      Thank you for reading my blog.

-Melody

Reply